Easy Homemade Candy Corn Recipe
I’ll admit, I never thought I would be the kind of person to attempt making homemade candy corn, but here I am! This was surprisingly easy and super tasty. My whole family has a huge craving for it around this time of year, and I’m so glad I can finally make it homemade, where I’ll know exactly what is going into it. In fact, you’ll most likely have all of the ingredients in your cabinet already!
Grab the kids and get them involved…. start a new fall time tradition
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Orange and Yellow Food Coloring
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- On medium/high heat add sugar, butter and corn syrup and bring to a boil. (Make sure to use a medium/large sauce pan to leave boil room.)
- Boil for 3-4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 230 degrees.Make sure to stir constantly while mixture is boiling. If need be to control the boiling candy, turn down the heat.
- While the sugar mixture is boiling, in a separate bowl mix powdered sugar, salt and powdered milk.
- Remove boiling sugar mixture from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add hot mixture to the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon and some muscle stir all ingredients together.
- Place candy on silicone mat or wax paper. Allow mixture to cool enough to be handled.
- Divide into 3 equal parts and add orange and yellow food colorings.Using your hands, mix the food coloring into the candy mixture.
- Roll long ropes out of each color piece. Press ropes together, with the orange in the middle and then flatten pieces together with your hands.
- Using a sharp knife, cut rope into triangular pieces to look like candy corn.
Thank you www.DazzlingDailyDeals.com for the recipe!