This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TonysHometownPride #CollectiveBias
Okay, cover your eyes if you don’t want to see me say this, but, back to school and fall sports are just around the corner! And in my house, we have mixed feelings but are overall pretty excited. Fall is my favorite season, but it is also filled with stresses of school shopping, finding carpool rides, practices, games, and trying to find family time in all of this. That is why we strive to always have dinner as a family no matter what time it is, or what we are serving. In my hectic day, I try to make the time to freshly prepare dinner, but let’s face it: moms are busy! That’s why swinging by my local Walmart and grabbing a delicious Tony’s Pizza is ALL of our favorite meal! Tony’s Pizza has been serving authentic pizzeria style pizza for over 50 years. Since the 1960’s, Tony’s has taken great pride in serving communities with layers of light, crispy, crunchy crust topped with sauce made from real tomatoes and covered in real cheese with all your favorite toppings. And Tony’s Pizza cares about fueling youth sports, with a slice of pride. So I feel great about serving it to my whole family.
With soccer wrapping up, the boys will soon get to play their favorite game- Fall Ball! They love it so much because there are no practices, only games. I love this season because the field is right around our house. We will just walk on up, lay a blanket out, and enjoy the sounds of crisp leaves being stomped on and giddy kids excited to see each other again. But, until these days, I will continue to tolerate soccer, the heat, and the glorious sibling bickering that is summer vacation.
If you also have kiddos in sports, Tony’s Pizza cares so much about fueling youth sports, they are hosting a FB sweepstakes campaign around KS and KC, MO centered around community and pizza! You can enter HERE, details below!
- Sweepstakes End date: 9/30/17
- Must live in KC, MO or KS
- Submissions come from parent or legal guardian
- Athlete featured must be under the age of 18
- Submit with brief description of child’s team detailing pride in the team showing how they play the game with sportsmanship and camaraderie.
- Grand Prize: $10,000 donation to the child’s team or athletics department
- Two Finalists: $2,500 donation to the child’s team or athletics department
- Submissions that are inspiring but do not receive financial reward will get tickets to Tony’s Event Center
On our Tony’s Pizza nights, we love to dress up our meal with my favorite appetizer or side- Caprese! I love the fresh, crisp flavors and the sweet tang of a balsamic glaze. It pairs very well with Tony’s Pizza, and hey! Even the kids like it (SCORE!). Snag the recipe below!
- 1 loaf French Bread, sliced thick
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Fresh Basil
- 1 c. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- Place the Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil on top of your slices of French Bread and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk your Balsamic Vinegar and Brown Sugar over medium high heat. bring to a simmer and cook until thickened.
- Once it has thickened, set aside to cool. Drizzle over your Caprese and enjoy!