These festive Cranberry Lemon Drops are the perfect drink to share with family or friends! Whether you are still in need of a delicious cocktail to clink at midnight on New Year’s Eve, or have a bag of cranberries leftover from the holiday season, these are sure to impress. And the best part? They are so easy, you can whip them up anywhere, whether you are hosting an evening at your home, or with others.
These unique Lemon Drops will quickly become one of your favorite winter drinks- the tartness of the cranberries and lemons pair perfectly with a sweet simple syrup, proving they aren’t just for summer.
If you want to dress them up even more, try garnishing them with sprigs of rosemary strung with fresh cranberries.
- 2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Cranberry Lemon Drops:
- 1 cup (8oz) cranberry simple syrup
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vodka
- Ice for shaking
- Coarsely chop the cranberries and place in a medium saucepan with water. Simmer the cranberries for 20 minutes.
- Gently mash the cranberries and strain through cheesecloth or a fine strainer (you should have about 1 cup of juice, add more water if not)
- Place the juice back in the saucepan with 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a shaker halfway with large chunks of ice. Add in 2 oz (¼ cup) of each the cranberry simple syrup, lemon juice, and vodka.
- Shake until mixed and chilled well, and pour into a martini glass. Enjoy immediately!